Minutes of the KPARC Meeting of January 4, 2010
The meeting was called to order by President Dick Bishop at 2:00 p.m. in the Main Clubhouse Craft Room. The following officers were present: President Dick Bishop, Vice President Joe White, Secretary Sam Brandes, and Treasurer Bill Love.
The meeting opened with President Dick Bishop welcoming all members and guests.
Reading of Minutes of December 7, 2009 Meeting
A motion was made, seconded and passed to dispense with the reading of the minutes since minutes are emailed to all members.
Dick Bishop reported, for Bill Love, a yearend bank balance as of December 30, 2009 is $8937.13
Correspondence, Notices, Reports
It was announced that the QCWA
meeting will be held on January 15, 2010 at 11:30 a.m. at the Alpha House,
The President announced that Joe Sturniolo has announced his retirement from the board of directors. Joe will keep his active participation in all KPARC activities as his health permits.
Sam Brandes read the second and final reading of the new constitution and by-laws. At the conclusion of the reading a motion was made and seconded for the approval of the constitution and by-laws. The vote was unanimous in favor.
· Club Room Monitor- A daily club room monitor schedule has been setup. Bev Wilson is in charge of scheduling.
· Club Room Work Day- A list of project has been posted on the white board in the radio room. Members are asked to sign up for one of the projects and see it through to completion.
· Orlando Ham Fest- Dick Bishop has advanced reduced price tickets for the February extravaganza.
· Fox Hunt Antenna Kits- Dick Bishop will continue to take orders for the kits. Tom Cooney will oversee and help members to assemble the kits. Assembly day is planned for January 7-8. The Fox Hunting frequency is 145.600.
· HT Microphone Deviation- Bill Shepherd has volunteered to bring in his service monitor and check out your HT mic deviation. Time and date to be announced.
Reports and Club Activities
· Amateur Radio TV- An ATV has been installed on the room and now awaiting pulling in coax and antenna controller cable.
· Ladies Luncheon- Rita Hale and Annette Friolet have scheduled a luncheon with a very interesting program. Contact Rita or Annette for reservations.
· QST Article- A recent article in QST regarding monitoring 146.52 reports that fewer and fewer Hams are listening to the call frequency. Dick Bishop asked that while traveling or at home to monitor this important frequency.
The meeting adjourned at 3:25 p.m.
Samuel Brandes, Jr.